Khimji Ramdas Shipping LLC, exclusive country member to the Worldwide Project Consortium (WWPC) for Oman, handled the safe transport of Heat Steam Generators from an incoming ocean vessel at the Port of Sohar to a job site at 50 km distance.
The complete shipment had a volume of 3000 cbm, including 8 pieces of oversized cargo, each sized 26.3 x 5.4 x 3.6 m and a combined weight of 815 tons.
The required scope of work included:
- Route survey
- Receiving all pieces under hook
- Jacking down at port storage yard onto customized stools to a predesigned arrangement
- Completion of customs clearance
- Arranging police permission and escorts to move the OD cargo
- Civil work required en route for facilitating the delivery
- Deployed 18 axles – 2 files SPMTs for the delivery
- Delivery of one piece a day with operations after midnight hours as per police permission to Sohar Industrial Estate
Khimji Ramdas Shipping delivered all the 8 pieces within the free time as per the requirement of the receiver of the cargo. Civil works required were managed at the bare minimum only for maneuvering the SPMTs within the delivery area thereby minimizing the costs and providing the most efficient solution to the client.