Over Projects, member to the Worldwide Project Consortium (WWPC) for Brazil, managed safe movement of 11 x used CAT 785D off-highway trucks each 9.7 x 6.7 x 5.2 m / 90t each + 15 tyres + 2 x 40’HC SOC in total: 3856 Freight tons from a mine site to the designated export port for loading onto a chartered vessel bound for Australia.
This particular project was full of challenges, starting from the lack of mainstream ports in reasonable distance and cargo size.
In the attempt to reduce the costs and lead time, the Over Project experts came up with a solution to transport the fully assembled trucks (except dump bodies) to a small harbor located 150 km away from the mine site. Some interventions were necessary like trimming trees, lifting wires and traffic lights on villages and civil works at port gate access.
Over Projects also managed to avoid cranage at both ends (site and port) by jacking the trucks on/off hydraulic trailers.
Summary of the entire scope on the project:
- mechanic repairs
- removal of 11 dump bodies at site
- washing to Australian Quarantine standards
- crating of accessories / fumigation of wooden boxes
- purchase of 2 x 40’SOC and stuffing
- tire replacement
- road survey and special permits (including police escorts)
- jacking (lift-on/lift-off)
- road transportation with 10-axle hydraulic trailers
- port operations
- export formalities
- loading coordination of chartered vessel
Over Projects has clearly become a reference in Brazil in the segment of used mining and construction equipment, supporting traders worldwide to source, prepare and transport their acquired assets.
Please watch video of the project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iemZSE0F7_E