Express Global Logistics Pvt Ltd, (EXG), member to the Worldwide Project Consortium (WWPC) in India, executed a break bulk shipment of transporting double walled steel pipes from Gujarat to France.
The shipment consisted of 425 polyethylene coated Steel pipes having 25 inch diameter (each pipe approximately 12 m long and weighing 1.8 ton) and 425 bare steel pipes having 18 inch diameter (each pipe approximately 12 m long and weighing 1.3 ton). The total weight of the shipment was 1320 ton and had a volume of 3121 cbm.
The scope of work included
- Inland Haulage of 850 pipes from Dahej and Kandla up to wharf of Kandla Port
- Providing services of Customs House Agent (CHA) at Kandla port
- Providing unique marks and numbers on each pipe (without damaging the pipes) in order to satisfy customs authorities during import to India, proving the goods are the same which were sent earlier
- Storage at Kandla Port
- Arranging of vessel and loading of pipes inside the vessel with proper lashing and securing
- Ocean Freight from Kandla, Gujarat to France.
Express Global Logistics Pvt Ltd, (EXG) India is a project specialist company established in 1946 with headquarters in Mumbai, India. It is an asset based company, having pan India presence backed by its own fleet of Goldhofer hydraulic axles, cranes up to 450 tons, and warehouses.