Total Movements, member to the Worldwide Project Consortium (WWPC) in India, successfully delivered a Super OD Solid Stainless Steel Recondenser with a diameter of more than 7 meter for a LNG Regasification Terminal on the east coast of India.
The extremely complex movement involved multiple transportation legs as follows:
- Road transportation from the factory to the nearby jetty
- Barge transportation from the jetty to the nearest major seaport on the west coast of India
- Sea transportation by heavy lift vessel from the load port to the discharge port on the east coast of India
- Road transportation from the discharge port to site.
Major challenges encountered during the operation were:
- Mobilization of a great number of equipment to complete each leg
- Synchronization of multiple transportation legs
- Getting a suitable coastal tonnage in time for breakbulk shipping
- Lack of prior track record of handling a heavy lift cargo at the discharge port
A spokesperson for Total Movements said: “We are happy to have delivered this cargo safely. A big shout out to all the stakeholders involved who played a key role to make this operation a grand success.”