Reshamsingh & Co.Pvt.Ltd, member to the Cargo Equipment Experts CEE network in India, was contracted by Gammon / Delhi Tourism to arrange for a total of 90000 freight tonnes in five Lots, including
• 2 heavylifts of 393 tons each with width of 7 m
• 90 pkgs of 32 m long / 5 m wide
• heavy weight 45 pkgs of approx 150 tons each.
The Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation (DTTDC) / Jiangsu Zhongtai Steel Structure Co Ltd, a sub-contractor of Bridge Contractor Gammon-Constutora-Tensacciai JV, has been given the task of fabricating the 15,000 tonne steel pylon and deck girders/ 90000 frt.
The Signature Bridge Wazirabad Delhi across the river Yamuna is an eight lane bridge, four lanes each way, and has a harp shaped cable stay solution.
The experts from Reshamsingh operated the following tasks for the cargo, being shipped from Shanghai to Port Kandla, travelling 1440 km to the final jobsite to the jobsite in Delhi:
• receiving under hook and unloading in Port of Kandla (all the BB cargo)
• customs clearance (co-ordination with port and opertions team and shipping line)
• payment of statutory and port charges
• reloading on trailer
• making of proper bypass for bridges
• transport to site (FOT)
• made -12 new bypass road for bridges en-route
Due to the Over weight & Dimension of these Reactors, Reshamsingh had to construct more than 12 bypasses for safe movement.
Major Bypasses which we were constructed were:
• Parvathi River Bypass
• Borkhandi River Bypass
• Kalishind River Bypass
• Thated Bypass
Source: Cargo Equipment Experts, CEE